ABOUT - Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is commonly used in aromatherapy. Sourced from the flowers of Cananga odorata, a plant native to the Philippines and Indonesia, Ylang Ylang essential oil is said to offer a variety of health benefits.
BOTANICAL NAME - Cananga odorata
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Africa
MAIN COMPONENTS -
- Benzyl Acetate
- Benzyl Salicylate
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Flowers
AROMA - Rich, sweet, flowery, and Jasmine-like
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Clear
BLENDS WELL WITH - Bergamot, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lemon, Marjoram and Vetiver
- MOOD ENHANCER AND ANXIETY FIGHTER - Because of its ability to act directly on the olfactory system of the brain, inhaling some can have immediate, positive effects on your mood and act like a mild, natural anxiety or depression remedy. It’s said to “expand the heart,” and research shows it may help release negative emotions, including anger, low self-esteem and jealousy.
- SKIN HEALTH PRESERVER - One of the most popular uses for this oil is applying it to the skin in order to preserve a “youthful glow” and help prevent signs of aging or irritation. High-quality ylang ylang oil holds a high percentage of active constituents called terpenoids. Isolated terpenoid derivatives (including canangaterpenes IV-VI) show promising results as natural therapeutic agents for the treatment of several skin disorders.
- NATURAL ENERGIZER - If you feel like you’re always tired, drained or frustrated, trying aromatherapy treatment with ylang ylang can help. Many people find the scent to be energizing and useful for fighting fatigue or body aches.
- NATURAL HAIR CARE PRODUCT - There are a few good reasons to use ylang ylang oil for hair health, such as because it can help prevent tangles and dandruff, while also working as a hair loss remedy.
- APHRODISIAC AND SOCIAL ENHANCER - This oil has been shown to act like a natural impotence remedy since it can help increase the libido of both men and women. To feel more connected with those around you (including your spouse or family members), diffuse it in your room, inhale it from the bottle, add a drop to your body lotion, or even apply a small amount to your bed sheets or shirt collar.