ABOUT - Grapefruit essential oil is an orange-tinted, citrus-scented oil frequently used in aromatherapy. Through a method known as cold-pressing, the oil is extracted from glands located in the peel of the grapefruit. Grapefruit essential oil has distinct properties that may offer a variety of health benefits — including reduced blood pressure and stress levels.
BOTANICAL NAME - Citrus paradisi
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - USA
MAIN COMPONENTS -
EXTRACTION METHOD - Cold Pressed
PLANT PART - Peel
AROMA - Citrusy, sweet, bright, and tart
CONSISTENCY - Thin - Medium
COLOR - Pale Orange
BLENDS WELL WITH - Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary and Bergamot
- HELPS TO BOOST WEIGHT LOSS - Ever been told that grapefruit is one of the best fruits to eat for weight loss and fat-burning? Well, that’s because some of grapefruit’s active ingredients work to boost your metabolism and reduce your appetite. When inhaled or applied topically, grapefruit oil is known to lower cravings and hunger, which makes it a great tool for losing weight fast in a healthy way. Of course, using grapefruit oil alone isn’t going to make all the difference — but when it’s combined with dietary and lifestyle changes, it can be beneficial.
- WORKS AS NATURAL ANTIBACTERIAL AGENT - Grapefruit oil has antimicrobial effects that help reduce or eliminate harmful strains of bacteria that enter the body through contaminated foods, water or parasites. Research shows that grapefruit oil can even fight strong bacterial strains that are responsible for food-born illnesses, including E. Coli and salmonella.
- HELPS TO REDUCE STRESS - The smell of grapefruit is uplifting, soothing and clarifying. It’s known to relieve stress and bring on feelings of peace and relaxation. Research suggests that inhaling grapefruit oil or using it for aromatherapy within your home can help turn on relaxation responses within the brain and even lower your blood pressure naturally. Inhaling grapefruit vapors can quickly and directly transmit messages to your brain region involved in controlling emotional responses.
- BOOSTS CIRCULATION AND REDUCES INFLAMMATION - Therapeutic-grade citrus essential oils are known for their ability to help lower inflammation and increase blood flow. The blood vessel-dilating effects of grapefruit may be useful as a natural remedy for PMS cramps, headaches, bloating, fatigue and muscle pains.
- AIDS DIGESTION - Increased blood to the digestive organs — including the bladder, liver, stomach and kidneys — means that grapefruit oil also helps with detoxification. It has a positive effect on digestion, can help you shed fluid retention, and fights microbes within the intestines, gut and other digestive organs.