ABOUT - Spearmint Essential Oil is obtained from the bright green Mentha spicata herb, and its name is derived from the fact that it has pointed, spear-shaped leaves. The oil smells minty, fresh and perhaps slightly fruity in aroma.
BOTANICAL NAME - Mentha spicata
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - USA
MAIN COMPONENTS -
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Flowering Herbs
AROMA - Minty, fresh, bright, and slightly-camphorous
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Clear
BLENDS WELL WITH - Lavender, Rosemary, Peppermint and Eucalyptus
- GOOD FOR DIGESTIVE UPSETS - Spearmint is commonly used to help relieve symptoms of indigestion, nausea, vomiting and gas. The compound (-)-carvone, which is naturally found in spearmint, has been shown to strongly inhibit muscle contractions in the digestive tract, which may explain how this herb helps relieve digestive upsets
- MAY IMPROVE ARTHRITIS PAIN - Spearmint may help relieve joint pain caused by arthritis. A large review study of both animal and human studies concluded that essential oils made from this mint had pain-relieving effects
- HEAL WOUNDS - Spearmint oil acts as an antiseptic for ulcers and wounds that prevents it from infections and being septic. It also assists the healing process of wounds. Myrcene, Menthol and Caryohyllene are the components which act as antiseptic properties.
- RELAXATION EFFECT - Spearmint essential oil has menthol content which provides a cooling and relaxing effect on the muscles and nerves. It helps to relax spasms and calms down its contractions. It provides relief from aches, spasmodic coughs, aches and pulling sensations in intestines and abdominal regions. It is able to soothe cramps, muscle strains, spasmodic cholera and nervous convulsions.
- MENSTRUAL PROBLEMS - This essential oil is helpful for the people having irregular periods, menstrual problems, early menopause and obstructed menses. It enhances the hormone secretion such as estrogen that facilitates menstruation and promotes sexual health and good uterine. It slows down the onset of menopause and provides relief from fatigue, nausea and pain in lower abdominal region.
- STIMULATE BRAIN FUNCTION - Spearmint oil enhances the hormone secretion and discharge of gastric juices, enzymes and bile and promotes blood circulation. It strengthens immune health by stimulating blood circulation and enhances immunity and removes toxins.