Berberis aristata commonly known as Daruhaldhi or Daruharidra, is a spinous herb of Berberidaceae family & native to the northern Himalaya region. It is an erect evergreen shrub, reaching to a height of 3.5m. It is a woody plant with yellow to brown bark from outside & dark yellow bark inside. The upper surface of leaves are dark green in color and the lower surface is light green. Leaves are toothed, simple, sessile & leathery in texture. Daruhaldi has hypoglycemic, antibacterial, antifungal, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, hepatoprotective, antioxidant properties. Traditionally, it is used in inflammation, wound healing, skin disease, menorrhagia, diarrhea, jaundice and affection of eyes.
- Rasa (taste): Kashaya, Tikta (Astringent, Bitter)
- Veerya (nature): Ushna (Hot)
- Vipaka (taste developed through digestion): Katu (Pungent)
- Guna (qualities):Laghu, Ruksha (Light,Dry)
- Doshas (effect on humors): Balances Pitta & Kapha
Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata) Extract Berberine 10% by HPLC
Common Name Daruhaldi Botanical Name Berberis aristata Standardization Berberine 10% Test Method HPLC Part Used Roots Application Liver Health Managment