Gotu kola is a herbaceous, perennial plant in the flowering plant family Apiaceae. It is native to the wetlands in Asia. It has small fan-shaped green leaves with white or light purple-to-pink or white flowers and it bears small oval fruit. Gotu Kola is a well recognized nervine rejuvenator and it is often recommended for balancing nervous system & memory enhancement. It helps to enhance neurotransmitter function, revitalizes the nerves and brain cells, promotes normal levels of mental alertness and relieves stress.
Gotu Kola is used to support the health of skin and hair as it has beneficial dermatologic effects in supporting normal integrity of skin tissue & connective tissue maintenance and healthy keratinization of the skin. It also supports blood vessel strength and integrity as well as normal blood circulation.
- Rasa (taste):Tikta (bitter)
- Veerya (nature): Sheeta or cooling
- Vipaka (taste developed through digestion):Madhura or sweet
- Guna (qualities): Laghu (Light to digest)
- Doshas (effect on humors): balances kapha & pitta
- Prabhava (special effect): Medhya (improves intelligence)
Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) Extract Saponins 20% by Gravimetry
Common Name Grape seed Botanical Name Centella asiatica Standardization Saponins 20% Test Method Gravimetry Part Used
Application General Health & Anti-Oxidant