Shilajit, a herbomineral, is a blackish-brown powder or an exudate from high mountain rocks, especially in the Himalayas mountains between India and Nepal. It consists of a complex mixture of organic humic substances and plant and microbial metabolites occurring in the rock rhizospheres of its natural habitat. Shilajit has been used as a rejuvenator, adaptogen & immuno-modulator. Shilajit contains active organic molecules such as humic acid, fulvic acid along with minerals. The fulvic acid helps in the transportation of these minerals into cells for maintaining and restoring their potency. Shilajit helps in metabolism and promotes energy production in the body. It maintains an equilibrium of catabolism and anabolism, enhances the absorptive and detoxifying capacity of the body, and stimulates the immune system in the body.
- Rasa (taste): Katu, Tikta, Lavana, Kashaya (Pungent, bitter, salty, and astringent)
- Veerya (nature):Ushna (Hot)
- Vipaka (taste developed through digestion): Katu (Pungent)
- Guna (qualities): Guru, Ruksha (Heavy, Dry)
- Doshas (effect on humors): Balances Pitta, Vata & Kapha
Shilajit (Asphaltum) Extract Fulvic Acids 20% by Gravimetry
Common Name Shilajit Botanical Name Asphaltum Standardization Fulvic acid 20% Test Method Gravimetric Part Used Exduate Application Aphrodesiac & Immune Support