ABOUT - Camphor (Cinnamomum camphora) is a terpene (organic compound) that’s commonly used in creams, ointments, and lotions. Camphor oil is the oil extracted from the wood of camphor trees and processed by steam distillation. It can be used topically to relieve pain, irritation, and itching. Camphor is also used to relieve chest congestion and inflammatory conditions. It has a strong odor and taste and is easily absorbed through the skin. Camphor is currently made out of turpentine, but it’s still safe to use as long as you use it correctly.
BOTANICAL NAME - Cinnamomum camphora
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - China
MAIN COMPONENTS -
SOLUBILITY - Practically insoluble in water but soluble in alcohol, ether, chloroform, and other solvents
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
CONSISTENCY - Thin
AROMA - Peppery, medicinal, leafy, and fresh
COLOR - Clear
ABSORPTION - Camphor in liquid form is rapidly absorbed through the skin, mucous membranes, and gastrointestinal tract.
BLENDS WELL WITH - Eucalyptus, and other camphoraceous aromas
- IMPROVES CIRCULATION - Camphor essential oil is an effective stimulant that can help boost the activity of the circulatory system, metabolism, digestion, secretion, and excretion. This property helps in giving relief from problems and ailments associated with improper circulation, digestion, sluggish or overactive metabolic rates, obstructed secretions, and a wide variety of uncommon conditions.
- REDUCES INFLAMMATION - The cooling effect of camphor oil makes it an anti-inflammatory and sedative agent. It is very helpful in curing nearly all types of inflammation, both internal and external. It also relaxes the body and mind while giving a feeling of peace and freshness. It proves to be very cooling and refreshing, particularly in the summer. Camphor oil can also be mixed with bathing water to have that extra sensation of coolness in the summer heat.
- RELIEVES CONGESTION - The strong penetrating aroma of camphor oil is a powerful decongestant. It immediately relieves congestion of the bronchi, larynx, pharynx, nasal tracts, and lungs. It is, therefore, used in many decongestant balms and cold rubs.
- REDUCES PAIN - A detoxifier and a stimulant for the circulatory system, camphor oil excites blood circulation and gives relief to rheumatic diseases, arthritis, and gout. It is also considered an antiphlogistic as it reduces the swelling of body parts. This is yet another beneficial effect of proper blood circulation.
- PROMOTES HAIR GROWTH - Less hair on the scalp is a nightmare. This could result due to a number of factors, such as improper hair care routine and spending lots and lots of money on chemical loaded hair care products. So, here’s a solution to the problem - use camphor oil. Application of camphor oil on the hair makes it soft and boosts hair growth.