ABOUT - Marjoram essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of both fresh and dried leaves of the marjoram plant (Origanum majorana). It is also known as knotted marjoram. It is a plant that belongs to the Mediterranean region and has been well-known for its medicinal uses for many years. The main components of marjoram oil are sabinene, alpha-terpinene, gamma terpinene, cymene, terpinolene, linalool, sabinene hydrate, linalyl acetate, terpineol, and gamma terpineol.
BOTANICAL NAME - Origanum majorana
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Egypt
MAIN COMPONENTS -
- Sabinene Hydrate
- Linalyl Acetate
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Flowers & Leaves
AROMA - Medicinal, dry, and camphorous
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Clear
BLENDS WELL WITH - Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Chamomile, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus
- WOMEN'S ISSUES/HORMONAL BALANCE - Marjoram is known in traditional medicine for its ability to restore hormonal balance and regulate the menstrual cycle. lIf you’re a woman, it could be the herb that finally helps you get your hormones in proper balance because it’s been shown to balance hormones naturally. Whether you’re dealing with the unwanted monthly symptoms of PMS or menopause, this herb can provide relief for women of all ages.
- PAIN RELIEF - This herb can help reduce the pain that often comes with muscle tightness or muscle spasms as well as tension headaches. Massage therapists often include the essential oil in their massage oil or lotion for this very reason.
- PREVENTS BACTERIAL INFECTIONS - Marjoram oil kills bacteria, so it can protect you from food poisoning, typhoid, malaria, colic, and bacterial infections in the colon, skin, digestive system, urinary tract, and other parts of the excretory system.
- NATURAL EXPECTORANT - Marjoram essential oil has been shown to be quite effective at giving relief from the deposition of mucus and phlegm in the throat and sinuses, as well as congestion of the nasal tract, larynx, pharynx, bronchi, and lungs due to colds and viral infections. It is particularly effective in chronic coughing.
- RELIEVES STRESS - Marjoram oil induces a calming, relaxing, and sedative effect on both the mind and body while relieving nervous stress and anxiety. It also generates a happy feeling in times of anger or sadness. This property can be helpful to pacify people who have suffered some sort of shock, trauma, or a major setback in life.