ABOUT - Fractionated coconut oil starts as regular coconut oil (cocos nucifera). Through the fractionation process it’s it’s long chain fatty acids are removed. This leaves mostly medium-chain triglycerides. The oil is now completely saturated fat. It has a very long shelf life and greatly increased stability. Coconut oil processed this way will remain in a liquid state, unlike other types which solidify at common room temperatures. So it’s oil from coconuts but changed through the fractionation process to remove elements of it.
BOTANICAL NAME - Cocos nucifera
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Italy
EXTRACTION METHOD - Fractionated
PLANT PART - kernels and meat of the coconut
AROMA - Odorless
CONSISTENCY - Light
COLOR - Clear
- FOR SHINIER HAIR - Fractionated Coconut oil, like argan oil, is fabulous for maintaining a luxurious mane! The benefits of adding this oil to your homemade natural hair care products are well worth it. Coconut oil that is fractionated easily penetrates the hair follicles. This feeds them with much-needed moisture and conditioning. Using a little bit of it on your damaged hair will leave it looking shiny and healthy. You can either use the coconut oil in the shower as a hair conditioner or apply to damp hair afterward as a leave-in conditioner.
- CLEAR SKIN - Finally, this is one of the best ways to moisturize your skin. Because of the extraction process, you are left with a lightweight moisturizer, great as a body oil and in a host of DIY skin care products, like sugar scrubs, lotions and massage oils. It softens and soothes cracked or dry skin. Your skin absorbs it easily without clogging pores. So it leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smooth instead of greasy. This makes it a great oil for use in homemade blemish treatments.
- USE IT TO FADE STRETCH MARKS - Coconut oil has long been heralded as a treatment for fading stretch marks. For an effective blend containing essential oils add 3 drops of neroli and 2 drops of frankincense to 10mls of coconut oil. These essential oils are known to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- AS A SHAVING LOTION - Coconut oil can be used to great effect as a great natural shaving lotion. It creates a wonderfully smooth surface for razors, while nourishing and soothing the skin. Put a few drops in the palm of your hand and apply to the skin before shaving.
- ANTI-BACTERIAL PROTECTION - Fractionated coconut oil has antibacterial properties and can be mixed with antibacterial essential oils to create a natural treatment for wounds. Cinnamon leaf, cedar atlas, ravensara, eucalyptus, bergamot, geranium, tea tree, thyme and pine are regarded as some of the best natural antibacterial essential oils. Add four to five drops of one of these essential oils to 10mls of fractionated coconut oil and apply to the area that needs disinfecting.