ABOUT - Thyme Essential Oil comes from the perennial herb known as Thymus vulgaris. The oil may vary in colour from yellow to dark reddish-brown; it has an aromatic spicy odour suggesting that of thymol.
BOTANICAL NAME - Thymus vulgaris
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - France
MAIN COMPONENTS -
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Herb
AROMA - Dry, sweet, herbaceous, and slightly-peppery
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Clear
BLENDS WELL WITH - Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lavender, Rosemary and Tea Tree
- TREATS RESPIRATORY CONDITIONS - Thyme oil drains congestion and cures infections in the chest and throat that cause the common cold or cough. The common cold is caused by over 200 different viruses that can attack the upper respiratory tract, and they’re spread in the air from person to person. Common causes of catching a cold include a weakened immune system, lack of sleep, emotional stress, mold exposure and an unhealthy digestive tract.
- KILLS BACTERIA AND INFECTIONS - Due to thyme components like caryophyllene and camphene, the oil is antiseptic and kills infections on the skin and within the body. Thyme oil is also antibacterial and inhibits bacterial growth; this means that thyme oil is able to treat intestinal infections, bacteria infections in the genitals and urethra, bacteria that builds up in the respiratory system, and heals cuts or wounds that are exposed to harmful bacteria.
- PROMOTES SKIN HEALTH - Thyme oil protects the skin from harmful bacteria and fungal infections; it also works as a home remedy for acne; heals sores, wounds, cuts and scars; relieves burns; and naturally remedies rashes.
- SERVES AS BUG REPELLENT - Thyme oil keeps away pests and parasites that feed on the body. Pests like mosquitoes, fleas, lice and bed bugs can wreak havoc on your skin, hair, clothes and furniture, so keep them away with this all-natural essential oil. A few drops of thyme oil also repels moths and beetles, so your closet and kitchen are safe. If you didn’t get to the thyme oil quick enough, it also treats insect bites and stings.
- EASES STRESS AND ANXIETY - Thyme oil is an effective way to bust stress and treat restlessness. It relaxes the body — allowing your lungs, veins and mind to open and keep the body functioning properly. It’s important to stay relaxed and level-headed because constant anxiety can lead to high blood pressure, insomnia, digestive problems and panic attacks. It can be caused by a hormone imbalance, which can be regulated by thyme oil naturally.