ABOUT - Cold Pressed Grapeseed oil comes from the pressed seeds of grapes. It is known for its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. These properties, along with the high amounts of omega chain fatty acids and vitamin Econtained in grapeseed oil, have made it a popular topical treatment for skin.
BOTANICAL NAME - Vitis vinifera
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Italy
EXTRACTION METHOD - Cold Pressed
PLANT PART - Grape seeds
AROMA - Grapeseed has a very light aroma with a hint of nuttiness
CONSISTENCY - One of the lightest carrier oils available
COLOR - Light green to yellow green
- HYDRATES SKIN AND REDUCES DRYNESS - Skin dryness is a common problem among both children and adults due to causes including frequent use of hot water, soaps, detergents, and irritants such as perfumes, dyes, etc. These products can remove natural oils from the skin’s surface and cause a disruption in the skin’s water content, leading to dryness and loss in elasticity, as well as itching and sensitivity.
- MAY HELP FIGHT ACNE - Some research has shown that GO has mild antimicrobial properties, meaning it can help prevent accumulation of bacteria that can lead to clogged pores and acne breakouts. It’s also rich in phenolic compounds, fatty acids and vitamin E that may help heal scars or marks from previous breakouts.
- CAN HELP DEFEND AGAINST SUN DAMAGE - Is grape seed oil good for your face if you’ve developed sun damage? Yes; because it contains a number of antioxidants — such as vitamin E, proanthocyanidin, flavonoids, carotenoids, phenolic acids, tannins and stilbenes — it may have anti-aging and anti-inflammatory effects. Vitamin E, for example, contributes to the beneficial effects of this oil because of its high antioxidant activity and protection of skin cells.
- HELPS HYDRATE AND DEFRIZZ HAIR - Grapeseed oil is very rich in a type of fatty acid called linoleic acid, which gives it most of its hydrating qualities. Fatty acids found in plant oils can penetrate into hair cuticles, helping to reduce water loss and lock in moisture, while preventing breaking and blocking frizz.
- ADDS SHINE - By applying this oil to your scalp you can naturally help to balance your production of sebum, an oily substance that helps make hair shiny and smooth. To improve the strength and shine of your hair, you can apply a hair mask made with grapeseed oil to your hair overnight or before showering. Allowing the oil to seep into your hair can defend against breakage and enhance hair’s healthy appearance.