ABOUT - Cypress oil is an essential oil made from the twigs, stems, and leaves of the cypress tree. Most cypress essential oil is made from Cupressus sempervirens, also known as Mediterranean cypress. The majority of studies focus on essential oil made from this particular tree. Cypress oil has many health benefits, as it has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties.
BOTANICAL NAME - Cupressus sempervirens
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Greece
MAIN COMPONENTS -
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Leaves
AROMA - Piney, earthy, and terpenic
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Clear
BLENDS WELL WITH - Lemon, Lime, and Wild Orange, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Marjoram, Rosemary, and Sandalwood
- HEALS WOUNDS AND INFECTIONS - If you’re looking to heal cuts fast, try cypress essential oil. The antiseptic qualities in cypress oil are due to the presence of camphene, an important component. Cypress oil treats both external and internal wounds, and it prevents infections.
- TREATS CRAMPS AND MUSCLE PULLS - Because of cypress oil’s antispasmodic qualities, it inhibits problems associated with spasms, such as muscle cramps and muscle pulls. Cypress oil is effective in relieving restless leg syndrome — a neurological condition characterized by throbbing, pulling and uncontrollable spasms in the legs.
- ELIMINATES RESPIRATORY CONDITIONS - Cypress oil clears up congestion and eliminates phlegm that builds up in the respiratory tract and lungs. The oil calms the respiratory system and works as an antispasmodic agent — treating even more severe respiratory conditions like asthma and bronchitis. Cypress essential oil is also an antibacterial agent, giving it the ability to treat respiratory infections that are caused by bacterial overgrowth.
- NATURAL DEODRANT - Cypress essential oil has a clean, spicy and masculine fragrance that lifts the spirits and stimulates happiness and energy, making it an excellent natural deodorant. It can easily replace synthetic deodorants because of its antibacterial properties — preventing bacterial growth and body odor.
- RELIEVES ANXIETY - Cypress oil has sedative effects, and it induces a calm and relaxed feeling when used aromatically or topically. (6) It is also energizing, and it stimulates feelings of happiness and ease. This can be particularly helpful for people who are undergoing emotional stress, having trouble sleeping, or have experienced recent trauma or shock.