ABOUT - Frankincense, also known as olibanum, is made from the resin of the Boswellia tree. It typically grows in the dry, mountainous regions of India, Africa and the Middle East. Frankincense has a woody, spicy smell and can be inhaled, absorbed through the skin, steeped into a tea or taken as a supplement. Used in Ayurvedic medicine for hundreds of years, frankincense appears to offer certain health benefits, from improved arthritis and digestion to reduced asthma and better oral health.
BOTANICAL NAME - Boswellia serrata
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - India
MAIN COMPONENTS -
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Resin Tears
AROMA - Herbaceous, resinous, and earthy with piney undertones
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Clear
BLENDS WELL WITH - Lime, Lemon, and Wild Orange, and other oils such as Cypress, Lavender, Geranium, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, and Clary Sage
- HELPS REDUCE STRESS REACTIONS AND NEGATIVE EMOTIONS - When inhaled, frankincense oil been shown to reduce heart rate and high blood pressure. It has anti-anxiety and depression-reducing abilities, but unlike prescription medications, it does not have negative side effects or cause unwanted drowsiness.
- HELPS BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM FUNCTION AND PREVENTS ILLNESS - Studies have demonstrated that frankincense benefits extend to immune-enhancing abilities that may help destroy dangerous bacteria, viruses and even cancers. Researchers at Mansoura University in Egypt conducted a lab study and found that frankincense oil exhibits strong immunostimulant activity.
- ASTRIGENT AND CAN KILL HARMFUL GERMS AND BACTERIA - Frankincense is an antiseptic and disinfectant agent that has antimicrobial effects. It has the ability to eliminate cold and flu germs from the home and the body naturally, and it can be used in place of chemical household cleaners.
- HEALS SKIN AND PREVENTS SIGNS OF AGING - Frankincense benefits include the ability to strengthen skin and improve its tone, elasticity, defense mechanisms against bacteria or blemishes, and appearance as someone ages. It may help tone and lift skin, reduce the appearance of scars and acne, and heals wounds. It may also be beneficial for fading of stretch marks, surgery scars or marks associated with pregnancy, and for healing dry or cracked skin.
- EASES DIGESTION - Frankincense helps the digestive system to properly detox and produce bowel movements. It may also help to reduce pain and cramping in the stomach, relieve nausea, flush out excess water from the abdomen that can cause bloating and even relieve PMS-related stomach pains.