ABOUT - Lemongrass essential oil comes from the lemongrass plant, which grows in tropical and subtropical parts of the world. The oil can be bright or pale yellow with a thin consistency and a lemony scent. People have used lemongrass in traditional medicine for pain relief, stomach problems, and fevers. Its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties may also give it other benefits.
BOTANICAL NAME - Cymbopogon flexuosus
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - India
MAIN COMPONENTS -
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Grass
AROMA - Sweet, lemony, green, and slightly fruity
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Pale Yellow
BLENDS WELL WITH - Cedarwood, Lemon and Lavender
- NATURAL DEODORIZER AND CLEANER - Use lemongrass oil as a natural and safe air freshener or deodorizer. You can add the oil to water and use it as a mist or use an oil diffuser or vaporizer. By adding other essential oils, like lavender or tea tree oil, you can customize your own natural fragrance.
- HAIR HEALTH - Lemongrass oil can strengthen your hair follicles, so if you are struggling with hair loss or an itchy and irritated scalp, massage a few drops of lemongrass oil into your scalp for two minutes and then rinse. The soothing and bacteria-killing properties will leave your hair shiny, fresh and odor-free.
- NATURAL BUG REPELLENT - Because of its high citral and geraniol content, lemongrass oil is known to repel bugs such as mosquitoes and ants. This natural repellant has a mild smell and can be sprayed directly on the skin. You can even use lemongrass oil to kill fleas; add about five drops of oil to water and create your own spray, then apply the spray to your pet’s coat.
- MUSCLE RELAXER - Have sore muscles or are you experiencing cramps or muscle spasms? Lemongrass oil benefits also include its ability to help relieve muscle aches, cramps and spasms. It may also help to improve circulation.
- HEADACHE RELIEF - Lemongrass oil is also often recommended for relief from headaches. The calming and soothing effects of lemongrass oil has the power to relieve the pain, pressure, or tension that can cause headaches.