ABOUT - Patchouli oil is an essential oil derived from the leaves of the patchouli plant, a type of aromatic herb. In order to produce patchouli oil, the leaves and stems of the plant are harvested and allowed to dry out. They then undergo a distillation process to extract the essential oil.
BOTANICAL NAME - Pogostemon cablin
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Indonesia
MAIN COMPONENTS -
- Patchouli Alcohol
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Leaves
AROMA - Sweet, musky, and similar to Patchouli used in incense and perfumes
CONSISTENCY - Thin - Medium
COLOR - Amber
BLENDS WELL WITH - Bergamot, Peppermint, Geranium, Lavender and Clary Sage.
- ANTIDEPRESSANT - Patchouli oil is commonly used in aromatherapy because of its depressant remedying properties. Because of the impact that inhaling patchouli oil has on our hormones, it encourages the release of serotonin and dopamine; these hormones ease feelings of anger, anxiety and anxiousness.
- REDUCES INFLAMMATION - Patchouli oil has antiphlogistic properties, which means that it has the power to soothe inflammation in the body. With inflammation at the root of most disease, patchouli oil can address internal inflammation and such conditions as arthritis and gout, and also deal with external inflammation that can be present in skin infections or irritations.
- PREVENTS INFECTIONS - There is always the risk of small wounds become infected and this leads to bigger problems, like tetanus. Patchouli oil is antiseptic, meaning it protects cuts or sores on the skin from becoming infected. It also kills fungus, so it can help if you are battling athlete’s foot or another fungal infection.
- STIMULATES HORMONES - Patchouli oil has the power to stimulate hormones and increase your libido, or sex drive. It can be be considered as one of the natural remedies for impotency and erectile dysfunction. Used as an aphrodisiac for years, patchouli oil boosts your testosterone and estrogen levels, and this can have a huge impact on your intimate relationships.
- STRENGTHENS HAIR AND SKIN - Patchouli oil stimulates muscle contractions and, therefore, prevents hair loss or sagging skin. Patchouli essential oil regenerates new skin cells, and this keeps the skin looking young, healthy and vibrant. It is also great for all skin types — dry, cracked skin and oily or acne-prone skin; you will see the healing and germ-fighting benefits of this oil either way.