ABOUT - Lemon essential oil is a completely natural ingredient that also serves as a home health remedy. It’s extracted from the peel of fresh lemons using a “cold-pressing” process that pricks and rotates the peel as oil is released. Lemon essential oil can be diluted and applied topically to your skin, as well as diffused into the air and inhaled. Some people swear by lemon essential oil as an ingredient that fights exhaustion, helps with depression, clears your skin, kills harmful viruses and bacteria, and reduces inflammation.
BOTANICAL NAME - Citrus limon
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Italy
EXTRACTION METHOD - Cold Pressed
PLANT PART - Peel
AROMA - Citrusy, crisp, clean and bright
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Yellow
BLENDS WELL WITH - Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Peppermint and Ylang Ylang
- RELIEVES NAUSEA - If you are looking for a way to get rid of nausea, especially if you are pregnant and experiencing morning sickness, lemon essential oil serves as a natural and effective remedy.
- NOURISHES SKIN - Lemon essential oil benefits your skin by reducing acne, nourishing damaged skin and hydrating the skin. Lab studies show that lemon oil is able to reduce cell and tissue damage in the skin that’s caused by free radicals. This is due to lemon oil’s strong antioxidant activity and anti-aging effects.
- RELIEVES COUGH AND STIMULATES LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE - Lemon oil has antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, so it helps to boost your immune system and fight respiratory conditions. It also serves as one of the top essential oils for allergies.
- CAN ACT AS A PAIN RELIEVER - Lemon essential oil is sometimes used in aromatherapy as a natural analgesic. The anti-stress and antidepressant effects of this oil may have something to do with how it helps our bodies interpret our pain without panicking.
- GOOD FOR SLEEP AID - If you are suffering from insomnia or any other problems that prevent you from sleeping properly, then lemon essential oil can be extremely beneficial to you. This is because once you add this to a diffuser in your room and inhale it, it can help you fall asleep due to its sedative properties.