ABOUT - Sweet orange essential oil comes from Citrus sinensis, the oranges you are used to eating. It is derived from the fruit, especially the rind. It is mostly used in aromatherapy but has been studied for topical application. There are other types of orange essential oils you may come across. Bitter orange essential oil comes from the rind of the fruit of Citrus aurantium. It is used in aromatherapy, topical application, and internal use.
BOTANICAL NAME - Citrus sinensis
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Italy
MAIN COMPONENTS -
EXTRACTION METHOD - Cold Pressed
PLANT PART - Peel
AROMA - Sweet, citrusy, tart, and fruity
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Bright Yellow
BLENDS WELL WITH - Lemon, Clary sage, Lavender, Cinnamon, Clove bud, Ginger and Frankincense.
- KITCHEN CLEANER AND ANT REPELLENT - Orange oil has a natural fresh, sweet, citrus smell that will fill your kitchen with a clean scent. At the same time, when diluted it’s a great way to clean countertops, cutting boards or appliances without needing to use bleach or harsh chemicals found in most products.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY - The strong anti-inflammatory effects of orange oil have been researched in regard to its effects for fighting pain, infection and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. In fact, among several popular anti-inflammatory oils, including lemon, pine and eucalyptus oils, orange oil has shown the greatest reduction in inflammation.
- PAIN REDUCER - If you suffer from muscle, bone or joint pain, orange oil can help turn off inflammatory responses that increase swelling in tissue, making it a natural remedy for bone and joint pain.
- ANXIETY CALMER AND MOOD BOOSTER - Orange oil has also been proven to be uplifting and tranquilizing. Aromatherapists and natural health practitioners have used orange oil as a mild tranquilizer and natural antidepressant for centuries. Because it has anxiolytic properties and reduces anxiety-related symptoms, as little as five minutes of exposure to diffused orange oil can alter moods and enhance motivation, relaxation and clarity.
- BETTER SLEEP - Is orange essential oil good for sleep? It definitely can be! Since research shows that orange oil is both uplifting and calming, it’s a great scent for brightening your mood in the morning or calming your nerves after a long day. A systemic review of essential oils published in 2015 includes sweet orange on its list of beneficial oils for insomnia.