ABOUT - Jojoba oil (pronounced ho-ho-ba) is the liquid that comes from the seed of the Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) plant, which is a shrub native to Southern Arizona, Southern California and Northwestern Mexico. Although called an oil, it’s actually a liquid plant wax and has been used in folk medicine for a number of ailments. For instance, Native Americans use jojoba oil for treating sores and bruises.
BOTANICAL NAME - Simmondsia chinensis
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - USA
EXTRACTION METHOD - Cold Pressed
PLANT PART - Seed
AROMA - Jojoba has a very subtly pleasant aroma
CONSISTENCY - Typical and characteristic of carrier oils
COLOR - Clear to golden yellow
- MOISTURIZES SKIN - Our sebaceous glands are microscopic glands in our skin that secrete an oily or waxy matter called sebum. The texture and use of sebum are very similar to jojoba oil, so as we age our sebaceous glands produce less sebum, which is why we get dry skin and hair - it can even lead to dandruff or itchy scalp. Jojoba plays the role of sebum and works to moisturize the skin and hair when the body stops doing it naturally. On the other hand, too much sebum, which happens during puberty or when hormone levels are high, can result in oily, acne-prone skin.
- REMOVES MAKEUP SAFELY - It’s perfectly safe to use jojoba oil on your face. In fact, it’s good for your skin. What’s not safe is using conventional products that contain a long list of chemicals that may cause irritation. Instead of using makeup removers that contain chemicals, organic jojoba oil is a natural tool that removes the dirt, makeup and bacteria from your face as you use it. It’s even safe as a natural makeup remover, and it’s hypoallergenic.
- PROMOTES SKIN HEALTH - Jojoba oil is non comedogenic, meaning it doesn’t clog pores. That makes it a great product for those who are acne-prone. Although it’s a cold-pressed oil — and we usually think that oil that sits on our skin is what causes breakouts — jojoba works as a protectant and cleanser. It’s rich in iodine, which fights harmful bacteria growth that leads to breakouts. The antioxidants present in organic jojoba oil soothe fine lines, wrinkles and naturally slow down other signs of aging.
- SUPPORTS HAIR HEALTH - Jojoba oil for hair replenishes the moisture and improves the texture. It also improves split ends, treats dry scalp and gets rid of dandruff. You can use jojoba oil to add shine and soften your hair — plus it eliminates frizz naturally. This is a much better option than using conditioners or hair products that are full of dangerous chemicals, which only make your hair more dry and limp.
- CONTAINS VITAMIN E - Vitamin E plays the role of an antioxidant. It strengthens the capillary walls and improves moisture and elasticity, acting as a natural age-reversing nutrient within your body. Studies show that vitamin E helps reduce inflammation both within your body and on your skin, helping maintain a healthy and youthful appearance. These antioxidant properties are also helpful when you’re exposed to cigarette smoke or ultraviolet rays from sunlight