ABOUT - Neem oil is a vegetable oil pressed from the fruits and seeds of the neem Azadirachta indica, an evergreen tree which is endemic to the Indian subcontinent. Neem oil varies in color depending on the number of days the seeds are soaked in water; it can be golden yellow, yellowish brown, reddish brown, dark brown, greenish brown, or bright red. Although it has a harsh odor, it’s high in fatty acids and other nutrients, and it’s used in a variety of beauty products like skin creams, body lotions, hair products, and cosmetics.
BOTANICAL NAME - Azadirachta indica
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - India
EXTRACTION METHOD - Cold Pressed
PLANT PART - Seed
AROMA - Pungent, raw, seedy and subtle cocoa-like
CONSISTENCY - Typical and characteristic of carrier oils
COLOR - Amber
- COMBATS BED BUGS - Bed bugs are some of the hardest urban pests to manage, and bed bug bites are certainly something we all want to avoid. Neem oil, when combined with certain approved agents, can be safe and effective against bed bugs both at home and in commercial environments.
- OFFERS WIDE-RANGING SKIN CARE BENEFITS - Neem seed oil is rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs), triglycerides, vitamin E and calcium. Because of its EFAs and vitamin E, neem seed oil penetrates deep within the skin to heal the minuscule cracks brought on by severe dryness. The skin easily absorbs the fatty acids and vitamin E found in neem seed oil without leaving the skin feeling too greasy. Once absorbed, these powerful skin-boosting ingredients can help to rejuvenate skin health. Benefit-rich vitamin E acts as a free radical scavenger by hindering the oxidizing processes in the skin. It also promotes soft and supple skin.
- BOOSTS HAIR AND SCALP HEALTH - The use of neem oil for hair and scalp concerns is also common. With its fatty acid content, neem seed oil is great for improving dry hair and nourishing the scalp. With its anti-fungal properties, it’s also a great ingredient for naturally fighting off dandruff, which is caused by a yeast-like fungus.
- PREVENTS PREMATURE GRAYING - If your hair is turning gray due to hormonal imbalances, then you will benefit from Neem oil. Regular application of Neem oil to hair helps treat premature graying. However, note that applying Neem oil is only useful in delaying or preventing graying. It won’t affect hair that has already turned gray due to aging.
- TREATS HYPERPIGMENTATION - We all want that even-toned skin with a smooth complexion. Don’t we? Applying Neem Oil on the face reduces the production of the substance known as melanin. When produced in high quantities, it results in hyperpigmentation.