ABOUT - Cold Pressed Rosehip oil is extracted from the seeds of the wild rose bush Rosa rubiginosa in the southern Andes. Prized since ancient times for its valuable healing benefits, rosehip oil is loaded with skin-nourishing vitamins and essential fatty acids. It also contains phenols that have been shown to have antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
BOTANICAL NAME - Rosa rubiginosa
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - USA
EXTRACTION METHOD - Cold Pressed
PLANT PART - Fruit and seeds
AROMA - Rosehip has a very mild earthy aroma
CONSISTENCY - Typical and characteristic of carrier oils
COLOR - Clear to deep golden
- ANTI-AGING PROPERTIES - Rosehip oil has significant anti-aging benefits for your face. Super light and non-greasy, this oil’s skin care benefits come from its high antioxidants and ability to penetrate into deeper layers of the skin, where it can improve moisture levels and reduce visible signs of aging.
- PROTECTION FROM AGE SPOTS - The UV rays of the sun can damage the skin, resulting in age spots and hyperpigmentation on the face. The antioxidants found in rosehip oil, especially the combination of vitamins C and E, can help combat free radicals that cause sun damage.
- HELPS WITH STRETCH MARKS AND REDUCES ACNE SCARRING - The cold-pressed fats found in rosehip oil can help get rid of scars and reduce the appearance of stretch marks by promoting skin regeneration. When applied topically, the fats act as emollients, helping soften the skin while also increasing hydration.
- REDUCES INFLAMMATION AND HELPS ARTHRITIS - People suffering from arthritis can benefit from using rose hips internally in addition to externally. The Arthritis Foundation reports that rose hips powder is a rich source of vitamin C, and it seems to reduce arthritis-associated inflammation by inhibiting the production of inflammatory enzymes and proteins.
- HEALS DRY AND CRACKED LIPS - Rosehip oil can also be used to lighten the discoloration of the lips. It also protects them from sunburns. Mix two drops of rosehip oil with one teaspoon of coconut oil. You can use butter in the place of coconut oil. Apply this natural lip conditioner on your chapped or cracked lips several times a day.