ABOUT - Cold Pressed Sesame oil is derived from sesame seeds, Cinnamomum camphora. There are many variations in the colour of sesame oil ranging from pale yellow, golden to dark brown colour. Sesame Carrier Oil is rich in vitamins E and B, and in minerals such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. It is an excellent emollient, and if used in dilution with other oils, is a popular massage and aromatherapy carrier oil.
BOTANICAL NAME - Sesamum indicum
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - India
EXTRACTION METHOD - Cold Pressed
PLANT PART - Seed
AROMA - Sesame has a very potent sweet, nutty aroma
CONSISTENCY - Slightly thicker than typical carrier oils
COLOR - Golden yellow to brownish yellow
- PROMOTES SKIN AND HAIR HEALTH - Sesame oil is often found in skin serums and natural beauty products, and for good reason. In recent years, several studies have emerged showing that sesame oil could improve the health of the hair and skin to keep you looking and feeling your best.
- REDUCES CHRONIC PAIN - Sesame oil is often applied topically to reduce pain, which may be due to its anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antioxidant properties. One study published in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine found that applying the oil topically was able to reduce pain severity and decrease the need for pain medications in people with trauma to the lower or upper extremities.
- GOOD SOURCE OF ANTIOXIDANTS - The sesame oil nutrition profile is a great source of several key antioxidants, including sesamol and sesaminol. Antioxidants are powerful compounds that help neutralize disease-causing free radicals and protect against chronic conditions.
- HELPS FIGHT STRESS AND DEPRESSION - Sesame oil contains an amino acid known as tyrosine, which is directly connected to serotonin activity. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter which impacts our mood. An imbalance of it could lead to depression and stress. According to experts, consuming foods that help in the production of serotonin helps in feeling positive, keeping chronic stress at bay. Sesame oil is a good example of that.
- PREVENTS PREMATURE HAIR GRAYING - Massaging your hair and scalp with sesame oil can prevent premature graying. The oil has hair darkening properties which help in retaining the natural color of your hair. Though greying of hair is mostly due to age, sometimes environmental stressors accelerate the process by causing build-up of harmful chemicals in hair. Sesame oil is packed with antioxidants that fight build-up of such free radicals and chemicals, thereby preventing premature graying.