ABOUT - Rosemary is a culinary and healing herb. This woody perennial is native to the Mediterranean region, where it’s been used as food and medicine for centuries. Much like oregano, peppermint, and cinnamon, rosemary is frequently found in essential oil form. Essential oils are highly concentrated and distilled extracts of volatile plant compounds. These are used for cooking, cleaning, beauty, health, and other purposes. Rosemary essential oil is a common variety you can purchase and use as a home remedy. The oil’s health uses range from antioxidant benefits and anti-inflammation to memory enhancement and more. In recent years, there have been claims that the oil may be great for hair growth.
BOTANICAL NAME - Rosmarinus officinalis
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Spain
MAIN COMPONENTS -
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Leaves
AROMA - Herbaceous, camphorous, and slightly floral
CONSISTENCY - Thin
COLOR - Clear
BLENDS WELL WITH - Orange, Lemon, Thyme, Peppermint, Tea Tree and Lavender
- DISCOURAGES HAIR LOSS AND BOOSTS GROWTH - Androgenetic alopecia, more commonly known as male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness, is a common form of hair loss which is believed to be related to a person’s genetics and sex hormones. A byproduct of testosterone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is known to attack hair follicles leading to permanent hair loss, which is a problem for both sexes but especially for men who produce more testosterone than women.
- RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS - Rosemary oil is replete with antibacterial properties that can treat a host of your respiratory problems. The scent of rosemary oil eases throat congestion, and also treats allergies, sore throat, cold and flu. Its antispasmodic qualities it is also beneficial in treating bronchitis and asthma.
- RELIEVES PAIN - If you are struggling with severe joint pains and sprain, trust rosemary oil’s anti-inflammatory and anti-analgesic properties to come to your immediate aid. Rosemary oil further stimulates blood circulation, which alongside easing pain can and also aid in coagulation of wounds that can further fasten the healing.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOST - Replete with anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, simple aromatherapy of rosemary essential oil can boost the immune system and combat diseases associated with free radicals, which could range from a common cold to heart disease. If you have enough time, a relaxing massage of rosemary oil can do wonders for your immune system too. Massaging lymph nodes can rejuvenate the body and charge the body’s detoxifying abilities.
- STRENGTHENS THE HAIR - Sick of managing your dry, lackluster and damaged hair? A scalp massage of rosemary oil can help recover your lost sheen. Rosemary oil is a common component in shampoos and lotions too. Rosemary oil helps stimulate follicles, and strengthens hair from the root, making them longer and shinier. Known to nourish the scalp thoroughly, rosemary oil can prove to be the best alternative to your market-based anti-dandruff shampoos. The essential oil also slows down premature hair loss and greying of hair.