ABOUT - Ginger oil is extracted from the ginger rhizome after a distillation process. Like other essential oils, it’s very concentrated.vGinger oil has a distinct aroma that can be described as strong, warm, or spicy. As such, it’s often used for aromatherapy. Ginger oil can also be used in a variety of applications in the skin and hair.
BOTANICAL NAME - Zingiber officinale
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Sri Lanka
MAIN COMPONENTS -
EXTRACTION METHOD - Steam Distillation
PLANT PART - Root
AROMA - Sweet, spicy, and similar to the aroma of Ginger candy
CONSISTENCY - Thin - Medium
COLOR - Yellow
BLENDS WELL WITH - Vetiver, Patchouli, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Lime, and Orange
- HEALS INFECTIONS - Ginger essential oil works as an antiseptic agent that kills infections caused by microorganisms and bacteria. This includes intestinal infections, bacterial dysentery and food poisoning. It has also proven in lab studies to have antifungal properties.
- AIDS RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS - Ginger essential oil removes mucus from the throat and lungs, and it’s known as natural remedy for colds, the flu, coughs, asthma, bronchitis and also loss of breath. Because it’s an expectorant, ginger essential oil signals the body to increase the amount of secretions in the respiratory tract, which lubricates the irritated area.
- REDUCES INFLAMMATION - Inflammation, in a healthy body, is the normal and effective response that facilitates healing; however, when the immune system overreaches and begins attacking healthy body tissues, we’re met with inflammation in healthy areas of the body, which causes bloating, swelling, pain and discomfort.
- ALLEVIATES MUSCLE AND MENSTRUAL PAIN - Because of its pain-fighting components, like zingibain, ginger essential oil provides relief from menstrual cramps, headaches, backaches and soreness. Research suggests that consuming a drop or two of ginger essential oil daily is more effective in treating muscle and joint pain than the painkillers that are given by general practitioners — this is because of its ability to reduce inflammation and increase circulation.
- RELIEVES ANXIETY - When used as aromatherapy, ginger essential oil is able to relieve feelings of anxiety, anxiousness, depression and exhaustion. The warming quality of ginger oil serves as a sleep aid and stimulates feelings of courage and ease.